I thought I would take a look at my List of 50 Things and see if I can check anything off as completed. I have worked on a few of the items, and my husband, John, has worked on a couple of them that he was excited about. I am wondering if anything is actually finished.
1. Visit the Thousand Islands. It looks like things are a little sketchy in the Thousand Islands. The hotels all seem to be rated as fairly seedy. We have picked a date when we can go, but I now have pretty low expectations for what we will find. Such is often the case with revisiting places from childhood.
4. Make a list of area parks and take a walk in each one. I made the list of parks in the area and I think we are going to have take some time this weekend to visit a couple. There are a few parks right in the City of Rochester that I didn’t know about. I will post pictures.
6. Improve my photography / editing skills. Working on it. I didn’t make this one measurable. Oops! I do have a few shots up on flickr .
7. Pet a lamb. My sister did this the other day. I am envious and want to find some lambs myself. Where can I find lambs near the city? Any suggestions?
11. Rent a limo and take a winery tour with friends. John looked into this. He found a limo service that looks good and a route that seems promising. Now we need to pick a date.
13. Choose an audio book and listen to it. I have received several good suggestions about this one. I am going to pick some up at the library or figure out how to download them online from the library this weekend.
18. Visit each of my siblings. I really want to do this. We’d better get some dates on the calendar.
21. Organize our CDs. This looks like a good project for while I am home after my surgery – once I am able to see.
23. Sell something on etsy. I actually made a couple of necklaces and bracelets to sell. I thought I would be sewing some things, but my vision is too bad right now to sew. Beading is okay because I can do it by feel. (I am very slow, though. This will never make me a millionaire.) Now, I just have to post them on etsy.
25. Tour Mt. Hope Cemetery. Every time I drive by, I am reminded that this is on my list.
36. Enter a contest. Looked around for something but was unable to find anything I thought I could do.
Pretty good! I don’t have anything to check off, but I’m working on a lot of things. Accomplishing these fifty tasks in a few months is an ambitious undertaking for me. I am feeling a little nervous, since I don’t know how much time I will lose after my surgery next week. The rs says two weeks, but I am generally a slow recoverer. Hopefully, I can accomplish some of my “around the house” goals while I am off work and then get right back at my “outside” goals. Anyway, this is supposed to be FUN, not stressful. Working on my list is a great way to keep my mind off of my upcoming surgery.
Please feel free to share any goals you might have set for yourself – anything you really want to do before your next birthday. Also, please continue to send suggestions for audio books and anything else you think might be helpful.