John and I celebrate our twenty-sixth wedding anniversary today. Twenty-six years is a long time. I know I have already written a couple of posts about our anniversary, but I had to write one more to celebrate today. Here are ten reasons I married my husband (all reasons I would marry him again):
- John has a deep faith. When the flame of my faith is wavering, I can count on him to help me stay strong.
- John has a great sense of humor. He has kept me smiling and laughing all these years.
- John is passionate. When he believes in something, John will do everything in his power to make dreams come true.
- John is kind. He will always look for an option where everyone is happy.
- John is on my side. No matter what. I know I will always have someone in my corner.
- John lives a deliberate life. He knows who he is and always acts with honesty and integrity. He reads, preaches, and lives the good news of love in the world.
- John is fun. He thinks up romantic, kooky, sweet, funny dates and gifts. He is happy when planning something special for us.
- John is faithful. He is loyal to me and would never intentionally do anything to hurt me.
- John is hopeful. When things go wrong, he looks on the bright side. When the skies are cloudy, he looks for the silver lining.
- John loves me. This is a very endearing quality in a man who has seen me at my best and my worst, my prettiest and my ugliest, my happiest and my saddest. I trust his love for me.
John and I are very blessed today to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Today we celebrate twenty-six years of facing the world together, united in love. We could not have made it without our faith, our friends, our family. I am very thankful for our marriage and our children. This is the happily ever after I dreamed was possible.
My sister uploaded our wedding photo and put it on Facebook. I thought I would add it to this post. Thanks, Melissa!