It’s hard to believe that it is already the beginning of October. The months are flying by and I thought it would be good to check in on my list. Today seemed like a good time to evaluate my progress.
1. Visit the Thousand Islands.- hmmm, this trip is not looking good. Unless we can sneak away for a fall weekend, I think this trip down memory lane is going to have to wait until next summer.
2. Go through my craft materials and donate the things I will never use. – I spent a few hours, went through my fabrics, and took them to a second-hand crafts store, so I am on my way to completing this one. I have a pile of craft supplies to go through, though, one of these days.
3, 4, 5. Done, Done, Done
6. Improve my photography / editing skills- Working on this through my photoblog – PhotoInsights (please look through and vote for your favorites) and on flickr. It’s hard for me to judge whether I am improving, but i am having fun.
7. Pet a lamb. – We tried but I think this will have to wait until next spring.
8, 9. Done and Done
10. Plant a patch of daffodils or tulips somewhere unexpected. – Now is the time for this one. I bought some tulip bulbs that I want to plant in the park near our house. Shhh, don’t tell.
11. Rent a limo and take a winery tour with friends. – Working on this one, but it has been hard to find a date.
12. Paint the living room. – Not even close.
14. Have lunch with an old friend. – No luck on this one.
16. Sort projects into two piles – “worth finishing” and “hopeless”. – Started doing this, but I have projects scattered all over the house and I need to gather them up.
17. Throw away the “hopeless” pile. – Way harder than I imagined.
18, 19, 20, 21, 22. Great! All done.
23. Sell something on etsy. – Lots to do for this one.
24. Watch an old movie. – Has not worked out yet.
25, 27. Done
26. Learn a new skill. – hmmm. I don’t think so.
28. Donate blood. – Yeah, right.
29, 30, 31, 32. Done
33. Write a fan letter to someone famous. I have someone picked out, just need to write the letter.
34. Stand under a waterfall. – Oh, dear, should have done this when the weather was warm.
35. Plan one “special time” with each of my children. – How did I neglect to do this?
36, 37 Done
38. Write an article and submit it to a publication. – Working on it.
39. Clean closets and donate to charity. – Half done.
40. Go canoeing. – Maybe next summer.
41. Spend time birdwatching. – hmmm, sort of.
42. Clean the basement. – Good job to save for winter.
43. Have a picnic. – oops.
44, 46, 48, 50. Done
45. Tour a brewery. – This should be fun. I have to get it on the calendar.
47. Make jelly or jam. – It’s time!
49. Take a yoga class. – Working on it.
By my estimation, I am more than halfway through my list. I may have missed out on the more “fair weather” activities, but I am working my way through.
I find that having this list is very helpful. I have completely enjoyed those that I have completed. I am not stressing out over the items that are hard to complete. It is really providing a nice kind of framework for my time. After looking over my progress, I see some items that I really want to make a priority. I am looking forward to checking more items off soon.