I have just a little under two months left until my birthday, the date by which I had hoped to complete the items on my List of 50 Things. So, I thought this might be a good time to take a look at the list and see how I am doing.
1. Visit the Thousand Islands. – Not going to happen this year. I am going to try and make it there in 2011.
2. Go through my craft materials and donate the things I will never use. – Halfway done! How did I let so much stuff accumulate?
4. Make a list of area parks and take a walk in each one. So close to being done. I finished all the city parks, but a few county parks will have to wait until spring.
5. Done (Awesome!)
6. Counting this as done, although “improve” is hard to measure.
7. Pet a lamb. – Definitely in the spring.
8, 9, 10 Done, Done, Done
11. Rent a limo and take a winery tour with friends. – Never worked out, maybe Fall 2011
12. Paint the living room. Before my birthday? Not very likely.
14. Have lunch with an old friend. – Tried to complete, but tough to schedule.
16. Sort projects into two piles – “worth finishing” and “hopeless”. – Haha, can’t give up on anything.
17. Throw away the “hopeless” pile. – If I give up on anything, I will give it away.
18. Done. Hooray! (Probably my favorite item on this entire list.)
19, 20, 21, 22 Done, etc.
23. Sell something on etsy. – I still hope to accomplish this before my birthday.
24. Watch an old movie. – Why isn’t this done? Easy one.
26. Learn a new skill. – Hmmm, surely I have learned some new skill in the past year. I have to think about this one.
28. Donate blood. – Oh, yeah, I can get this one done.
29, 30, 31, 32 All done.
33. Write a fan letter to someone famous. – Another one I should be able to accomplish before my b’day. I just can’t decide who should get a fan letter.
34. Stand under a waterfall. – Definitely not before my birthday. Brrrr.
35. Plan one “special time” with each of my children. – Okay, I can’t believe I didn’t make this one a priority. I have to get working on this right away.
36, 37, 38 Done (Three good ones!)
39. Clean closets and donate to charity. – Needs to be done asap
40. Go canoeing. – Put off until warm weather.
41. Spend time birdwatching. – Ditto #40
42. Clean the basement. – No excuses. I started this one and I want to get it finished.
43. Have a picnic. – Ooops, should have done this in the warm weather.
45. Tour a brewery. – We are doing this next week! So excited!
47. Make jelly or jam. – Now it’s not fresh fruit season. I guess I will have to make wine jelly. Just have to set aside some time.
49. Take a yoga class. – I really want to do this.
It is wonderful to see how many of these fun things I accomplished in the last year. It looks like I have finished more than half the items on my list and several more are almost-finished. This is pretty amazing, since it was a very ambitious list for me. I have time in the next couple of months to accomplish a few more of these goals. I am so happy that I did this exercise. It really got me thinking and moving in a good direction. I am already thinking about another list, but I am going to approach it a little bit differently next time. For now, though, I feel very satisfied with how many interesting and fun things I fit into this past year. It made this last year before my big birthday a year full of excitement and energy and life. I almost feel ready to take this big step into the next decade of my life.